Tuesday, January 29, 2013

a lovey dovey craft {if you're into that kind of stuff}

Have I mentioned my MOPS group before? 
I'm sure I have. 
They are the best group of girls. 
I feel sorry for people who don't have MOPS. 
Well, anyway, I'm in charge of creative activities with our group.  
But I didn't choose this craft.
Our awesome leader, Krista, did.
She found it on Pinterest and wanted our group to make them this Friday. 
I made mine ahead of time to show as an example at the meeting. 

We're featuring a panel of women married for different lengths of time.
And this is a craft that can ultimately be used to show love for our husbands.  
Awwww. 

Our Pinspiration:

Start with an 8x10 frame (Dollar Tree)
We're actually going to be doing this with scrapbook paper, but I found a scrap of fabric that I liked, so I used that.  Just pop off the back, trace where you're going to cut the paper/fabric, cut, and fold over and glue.  I used hot glue for the fabric.
Next we make the fabric flowers.  I used muslin for mine.  Rip a strip off, tie a knot at the end, glue the knot down, and then start twisting and gluing around and around until it starts to look like a flower.
Then hot glue right onto the frame.
Add as many as you would like.
I veered off again here with my own directions.  Since we're making quite a few on Friday, we're going to print the "I love you because..." on vellum and place under the glass.  I used my Cricut to cut vinyl letters and stuck them right on the glass.  (I don't have a printer or vellum so that's why.)
After that, you are free to write anything your heart desires with a dry erase marker!
You can get as romantic as you would like!
The possibilities are really endless!


Let's be honest, I'm never really going to use this thing.
But I do love my husband!

4 witty remarks:

Macey said...

bahaha, I was totally going to ask you if you would use it.
Did you mod podge the letters on??
I think it would be nice if our husbands used it to write stuff to US...but probably we'd not even notice after a while and seriously, they'd hate it.

Kelli W said...

That is totally something I would make and then never use too:)

Jaclyn said...

You crack me up. LOVE your blog and the last line of this post made me laugh out loud. Good for you - being realistic and truthful. Awesome :) Keep on girl. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I made one and put it In the kitchen. Everyone that comes over likes to write a little note. (Especially my favorite neighbor kids!). Enjoy!! Lori