Monday, July 30, 2012

Camping: I do it for the kids. I.do.it.for.the.kids.

After years and years and years of our annual family camp out, I still hate it. 
I will never understand why people pack everything from their home to make the outdoors feel like home...when they could just STAY HOME!  
I do it for the kids, people.  
I even sucked it up this year and slept in the tent with Nate and the kids and the dog!
Brooklyn said she had more fun camping than she did at Disneyland!

Here are some pics:
our home for four days
cutest little camper
Porter & Jacie
You try keeping track of all these kids. 
(Ages 11, 9, 8, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 5, 5, 3, 2, 1, 1)
Danielle & Gus
the Pointers
protected from any falling tree limbs (which Papa Hod was convinced would happen)
Henry's poker face
Torelan and Gus Man
I got to meet Trendel! (3 weeks old!)
Gus' first bike ride with Aunt Lo-Lo
a trio since childhood

3 witty remarks:

Meredith said...

I love the photo of Danielle & Gus. . .so cute!

Kelli W said...

That looks like such a fun time! I never thought I would be a camping kind of person, but I'm okay with it in an actual camper...not so much in a tent!

mom2maya said...

Only you Jill would be in flats . . . while camping!! Love it!