Thursday, April 5, 2012

a very "Pinteresting" breakfast

I may or may not have revealed something about myself previously.


I can't make a pancake to save my gosh dang life.

If you want a pancake around here and it's not Sunday, and Daddy is not here, 
you're not gonna get a pancake.
Tough.
(However, on national pancake day I felt it my motherly duty to make my children pancakes and, well, you can see how they turned out.)
Anywaaaaaayyyy, very recently during my Pinterest surfing, I came upon this super terrific idea.

Mix together 1 cup of pancake mix, 2/3 cup of water, and 1/2 cup of syrup.  
Pour in cupcake wrappers.
Sprinkle on whatever your little heart desires...I did chopped pecans, strawberries, chocolate chips (for Brooklyn), bananas (for Gus), and plain (for Porter).
Then bake at 350 degrees for about 14 minutes.
When they come out you have little pancake muffins!
I made a bunch and then stuck them in a Tupperware container in the fridge.  
When my kids want pancakes (even on a school day!) I just pop them in the microwave for about 20 seconds and they're good to go.  Plus it is SO less messy (since my kids eat their breakfast in the living room in front of cartoons {mom of the year right here} because the syrup is already in them!  
Woo-Hoo, high fives all around!

3 witty remarks:

Anonymous said...

Great idea!!!! I am doing this! Lori

Kelli W said...

What a great idea! I'm not very good at making pancakes either...that's Jason's job!

Jessica said...

Those are great! Cool on-the-go breakfast/snack idea.