Monday, March 12, 2012

puking and party prep

It was total barf-a-rama over here...ugh, I do not want to rinse out a throw up bowl one more time today!

They didn't even fight once today-that is how I know when they are truly sick.

I'm hoping and praying that this is all over by the Gus Man's big day.  So far I've kept the kids quarantined so lets keep our fingers crossed that it passes over him!

And the party planning continues:

I needed a cake stand to match the party decor
so I made my own (for $2).
The bottom pedestal thing was purchased on my 50% off thrifting day.  I found a pie tin at The Dollar Tree and glued that baby on.  I have found that the best type of glue for these projects is Liquid Nails.  Just FYI.
Then to kind of build up the center, I glued in a few cardboard cake circles.
The whole thing got painted a glossy red.
It's all ready for a Sock Monkey cake!
The birthday hat is ready too!
(What did I ever do before Pinterest?)


Tip Junkie handmade projects

6 witty remarks:

Anonymous said...

Nice work Jill! All while the kids were sick too! You are amazing! Love ya! Audrey

Meredith said...

Adorable cake stand! I LOVE Pinterest!

Jessica said...

Poor kids :( Love the cake stand!

Kelli W said...

That cake stand is too cute! I hope the kiddos are all better now. I can always tell when mine are really sick when they don't fight too:)

Alisha @ SnugasaBugBaby.com said...

TRULY FABULOUS!!!

Jami said...

Love this!