Monday, July 25, 2011

80 loads of laundry and my hair stinking of campfire...but oh the memories my children will have!

Over the weekend we went on our annual family camping trip.  If you know me, you know camping is not exactly my cup of tea!  We've gone to this campground since my sister and I were kids and we continue the tradition for our kids.  We had 35 people there this year and it was Gus' first time.  Yipee!

Happy Campers!
Yes, I notice Porter is grabbing himself...we're working on it.
Gus was almost as excited as me to be there!
All the kids, minus Isaiah who was sleeping
My Uncle John cooking our camping staple
kid table
the cousins of 2005
There were butterflies everywhere...and ticks!
Sleepy boy all camped out!

Last night I went to town on my kids and dog with a Brillo pad and Q-tips, and so far today I'm on my sixth load of laundry!
Thank goodness we don't have to do it again until next year!


2 witty remarks:

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

I'm sure your kids loved every second of it! Way to hang in there, Jill!

samantha said...

You got some great pictures!!