Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dear Me

Dear 16 year old me,

I wanted to let you in on a few things:

You are not fat.  
Oh my word, you are not fat.
Will you quit obsessing about it?
Seriously, when you are 31, you will have a roll of fat on your back just under your bra, and pimples on your flabby upper arms.  
Please wear a tank top every day, because from 28 on, you won't be able to.
Actually, just wear a bikini every day.

You know how you can't wait to get out of this town?
As soon as you have your first child, it starts looking really appealing.  
You move back here when your baby is three months old.

Oh, and that boy that you think you are going to marry...
You are totally not going to.  
You will date him until you are 20 and then break up when you realize he's never going to be the type of husband/father of your children that you really want him to be.
Shortly after that, when you meet the guy you are going to marry, you will think he's not your type.  
But he really is.  

PS Just accept it now that your mother is always right.



5 witty remarks:

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh that is so cute! i wish i could go back and tell my 16 yr old self some things as well. we are so smart now! :)

Kelli W said...

I had to laugh at the first one because I think that all the time!

TLF said...

The back fat kills me too... HOW DO I GET RID OF IT??!!

Shannan Martin said...

I LOVE this. LOVE.

Just in Case.. said...

Oh my gosh...this is so absolutely true.