Sunday, April 10, 2011

baby blues {?}

One of these days I'll be back to my crafty posts, but right now I'm in the baby zone
Baby, baby, baby.  
Morning, noon, and night.  
He is all I think about.  
And oh, he is soooo good.  
You don't even know.  
He's a cuddler, he loves his Mama rocking him, and he sleeps a lot at night.  
He could be the best baby ever. 

And I have that little yucky feeling in my tummy.  
Not quite the feeling of anxiety like I've become so used to.  
More of a feeling like everything is moving too fast.
Like I'm homesick even though I'm at home.   

I sometimes feel like crying because I think he's growing too quickly,
and I already can never take one week or two week old pictures of him ever again.  
I know that I'm going to blink and he's going to be as old as Porter and Brooklyn.
 
I know this, because it's already happened to me twice before.  

Other times I feel like crying because some day all three of them are going to grow up and this season of my life will be over.  I'll never have a Kindergartner, Preschooler and baby all at the same time ever again.  
And even though it is oh so exhausting keeping up with all of them, I do know that this will be the best part of my life. 
I just love 'em so much.

5 witty remarks:

Unknown said...

You made me cry! I feel the same about Torelan...He is growing up too fast! I know he is only almost 6 months but he will never be a newborn again... This post speaks straight from my heart

Tiffany said...

Oh, yes, you must be in my head. You expressed the same thoughts I think on a daily basis. It's an amazing time. I've got the preschooler, toddler, and baby and it is perfect. I am completely exhausted at all times but love every minute and I don't want it to ever end!

I feel ya, sister. : )

Sugar Free Mom said...

AW mannnn.. You keep giving me baby fever lady. :)

Kelli W said...

I have been thinking the same things lately. Eli is not really a baby any more it is so sad!

Denissa said...

I know how you feel, I was the same way when my youngest was still a baby. I don't think that the sadness of no more babies ever goes away. But you get to a place where you love the stages that they are at. Also when things get easier and you're not so tired all the time, that is great!! :)