Tuesday, March 22, 2011

makes mama happy (new baby edition)

1.  I love, love, love the fact that I can now drive with my steering wheel lowered into the proper position!

2.  I can use all of my wrinkle creams again.  (They'll probably be needed more than ever now!)

3.  Diet Pepsi (guilt free!)

4.  Watching these kids kiss their baby brother goodnight.  

5.  My mom coming over every morning to do all of my laundry. 

6.  Knowing that I NEVER have to push another baby out again...EVER!

7.  My MOPS group that makes dinners for families with new babies for two weeks!

8.  This stinking cute face...no matter what hour of the morning.  I could stare at him for the rest of my life!
5 days old, going to his first doctor's appointment.
50th percentile for weight and 25th for height.  
(My other kids were always in the 5th-10th.  He's a big boy!)
Do you notice how yellow he is?  He's had to get his poor feet poked about a million times.  His doctor thinks his bili levels have peaked so hopefully he's in the clear.  Yay! 
Here's Porter in the same outfit.  
We've decided that Gus looks a lot more like Brooklyn did when she was a baby. 

Things are going great.  The recovery this time seems to be much faster than in the past.  Gus is such a good baby.  I don't think I make any other kind!  The kids are on Spring Break so we're just relaxing and adjusting this week.  
Thanks for all of your sweet comments!


8 witty remarks:

Karri said...

I can almost smell that sweet new baby smell through the computer. Cherish him :)

Kristen Ann said...

Great to hear an update that you are adjusting well. PS I'm using you as a guinea pig to see how this whole baby #3 works out. :).. So keep it real, No pressure.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Awww! I had that same Gymboree Pirate Island outfit for my little guy. You're bringing back the memories! He is SO adorable!

~ Sarah

Missy... said...

Oh, Jill...he's just perfect! So happy things are going well and you're feeling good!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Isn't it amazing how long you can just stare at your own newborns? He is percious. Congrats!

Melinda G. said...

Thanks for the update on his bili count. I have been a little worried because he looked jaundiced. He's adorable...he does look alot like Brooklyn!

Kelli W said...

He is absolutely adorable! I'm just now getting over to check out your new sweetie and man oh man is he a sweetie! Congrats and YAY for pepsi and wrinkle cream:)

TLF said...

Aww, I love pictures of siblings in the same outfit!! Presious!!