Monday, February 14, 2011

Porter says & kid valentines

"You guys can't go on a date.  Only girlfriends and boyfriends can go on dates, not Moms and Dads and pregnant ladies."
-Porter (5) on parental Valentine's romance
 

Ever since I saw these valentines all over the blogs last year, I knew I wanted to make them this year.  I thought it would be difficult to get the placement of their hands just right, but it was super easy.  I love the way they turned out.  The only thing I would have done differently would be to use a flatter sucker. 
This was the most painful part.  We usually got through two a night before the whining set in. 
Seriously, isn't Kindergarten writing the cutest?
All ready to pass out to his friends at school.
We are in charge of drinks for the class party so I just took mini water bottles, ripped the label off, glued a ribbon on, and stuck on these fun foam stickers that I found at the Dollar Tree.
Her preschool party is tomorrow and we did the same valentines for her friends. 

Happy Valentines Day!

9 witty remarks:

Jane Anne said...

I didn't see those last year. I'm stealing the idea for next year! I love them. SO CUTE.

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Super cute!

Brooke said...

They turned out so good! What kind of paper did you print them on?

Denissa said...

Those turned out great!! I would think it would be hard too! The water bottles are cute too. So funny what Porter said :)

Anonymous said...

You are so impressive Jill! I can't believe you energy and creativity! LOVE THEM! Love you, audrey

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I love all your ideas!!!
Heidi

Pam said...

They turned out awesome... Porter Says: are some of my favorite posts! hahaha

Erin A said...

Holy cow, these are awesome!! Love those sucker Valentines and the little embellished waters are too cute!!

You look great at 33 weeks!!! Only 23 lbs, you're my inspiration. I'm trying to be good, it's just there are Valentine cookies around the house and soon there will be Cadbury eggs to ignore. It's hard to have strong willpower when you're so uncomfortable, right?

Thanks for your comments on the blog, every bit of encouragement that I'm not crazy helps! :)

Have a great week!!

Erin

Unknown said...

You've been selected!!! For the Versatile Blogger Award! Please pass on and enjoy! See my Blog for information... Thanks Erin DeSantis