Wednesday, October 13, 2010

mmh

1.  removing all of the stickers from the fruit before I put them in a bowl
2.  having both of my kids' baby books completely up to date with appropriate pictures and captions for every important "first" in their lives  (Being pregnant is really encouraging me to get all the things organized that I've been putting off!)
3.  finally getting the bacon smell out of my house three days after Nate went on a binge.  
4.  hearing Blanche exclaim, "Oh, it's just what I've always wanted!"  after opening every birthday gift
5.  Using this guide to test out potential baby names:
***

How does August Barnes sound in the real world? 

  1. August, could you please set the table?
  2. I am not joking around August, this is really important to me!
  3. August--August! Are you listening to me!?!
  4. Hello, Wellington Inc. this is August.
  5. August Barnes, come on down! You're the next contestant!
  6. Hey August. How are you doing?
  7. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is August Barnes.
  8. August! Pick up your toys. I am not going to ask you again.
  9. I am at August Barnes's house.
  10. Do you August Barnes take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?
  11. I talked to August this afternoon.
  12. I am sorry, August isn't here right now. Can I take a message?
  13. You'll have to see August Barnes about that. He will know what to do.
  14. Yes? August? Do you have a question?
  15. Mr. Barnes, if August would consistently turn his homework in--on time--he would be one of my star pupils.
  16. Would passenger August Barnes please see the nearest ticket agent?
  17. August. Is that you?
  18. And the winner is... August Barnes!
  19. Mommy! August ate my cookie!
  20. Hello, you've reached the voice mail of August Barnes. I am away from my desk right now. Please leave a message and I will return your call as soon as possible.
  21. August, it's not the end of the world. It's just a car. You are more important than a car.
  22. August, I love you!
  23. Write back soon. Your Friend, August
  24. Does August like avocado?
  25. August, it's time for dinner.
  26. August, Barnes. Spelled A-U-G-U-S-T.
  27. Oh, there you are August. I've been looking all over for you!







PS Yep that's our name if it's a boy!

9 witty remarks:

Samantha said...

you are too funny. I like that name!

Denissa said...

I like it! I think you covered every base..haha

TLF said...

I was just thinking the other day that I needed to update my little guy's book. I don't think I've written in it since he turned one, he's now four. My daughters is 100% completed since she is now 9. Any kid after the first always gets shafted.. Haha.. My poor little guy!

PS. Love the name August!

Anonymous said...

I am SO addicted to babynamegenie

Mikayla

Jessica said...

August Rush....I love that movie.

Sarah said...

I love the name August! When I had my second boy, it was August or Sawyer. He looked like a Sawyer, so that's what he is. But I loved the name August...Gus, Gussie, Auggie, the possibilities are endless. We just have Sawy (like Soy). But it fits him great!

Unknown said...

Very Cute Jill!!!

Jami said...

You are a goof! I had a friend who named her son August.

Anonymous said...

I sincerely hope you have a girl!!!