Monday, September 20, 2010

thoughts

When I was in high school, big boys used to break my heart...
Now that I'm a grown-up, this little boy does.
Last night he told us that he doesn't like to go to school because he only likes to be places where his mommy and daddy are.  
We've had a shaky first week of Kindergarten.  His teacher assures us that he doesn't cry when we leave, but the waterworks are on all the way there. 
Oh, my heart.
On a completely different note...
This lovely specimen landed smack dab in front of our driveway.  Porter asked me to take his picture by it so he could bring it for show and tell.  
At least he was excited for show and tell!
PS even though I asked him to please not "tell" this part, he proudly shared with the class that Mr. Possum had poop coming out of his bottom.
This girl is having a love affair with ponies.  
She plays with toy ponies, wears shirts with ponies and now she has officially ridden her first pony.
I've decided that she's going to be an equestrian rather than a gymnast. 
Move over Cake Boss!
Can you tell which side was decorated by Blanche and which one was decorated by Porter (Beaver colors!)?
Happy 3-0 Daddy!!


10 witty remarks:

TLF said...

Your kids are the funniest, yes they are! The cake is fabulous!

Jessica said...

Yum! That cake looks good. Sasha had a okay week besides getting sick. She missed Friday. When asked by her Dad if she missed her school, she smiled and said, "not at all". LOL. She's fine in the morning but after school is hard for her. She's tired, emotional, and drained. I've been treating her by picking her up after school with the car, I wonder how they will fair when school goes another 3 hours. :/

Anonymous said...

Homeschool! Lots of research out there I can share with you girlie :) We're going in that direction for the first few years. Statistics show children, but especially boys, do much better learning at home, at least until the age of 8. The State only requires tests in 3rd, 5th, 8th, & 10th grade. You also don't need to "register" your child with the State until age 7. Look at what they're "learning" in Kindergarten. Nothing that you can't teach him, sweet mommy :)
This Mommy's heart is with you..
Janna

Samantha said...

I am so nervous for when school starts!! I hope Porter adjust well and fast. I'm sure he will love it soon! :)

I hope you're feeling good!

Jami said...

Oh goody! We can talk horsey now. :)

Macey said...

I SO know where you are coming from. We've had this every year so far and it KILLS me. :(

Pam said...

Your kids are so adorable! I totally died when I saw the possum! And that cake is super sweet! <3

Georgia Girl said...

I saw the possum and thought was he playing that but the more I looked the more I noticed he must have got slaughtered...oh my and your little boy wanted his picture with him...that's a sign of 100%boy. Sounds like something mine would have done also.

Oh yeah that cake looks yummy! Gotta any leftovers?

New to your blog and have been visiting but first time posting comments. Beautiful family you have!

Denissa said...

Poor lil' guy! Hang in there it is a really hard adjustment. The cake is adorable :)

Anonymous said...

My dad has been writing a book precisely on point with this blog, I have emailed him the web address so perhaps he could pick up a couple pointers. Fantastic Job.

financial help