Tuesday, August 17, 2010

this bun is wreaking havoc in my oven

I really, really hate it when people complain about their back aches and headaches and other ailments on facebook, but if you're my friend you know that every status update I post is associated with the misery upon me called morning all day, but worse at night, sickness.  It's hard to think about anything else when I'm totally consumed by it.  I've tried sea bands, every ginger product available, vitamin B6, Unisom, nibbling throughout the day, etc. 
I can't cook, I can barely do the cleaning necessities, plus it is so stinking hot here I can't go outside.  I rarely leave the house because none of my summer clothing fits me and I refuse to give in to maternity clothing this early on so I feel like a recluse in sweat pants and Nate's shirts. 
I just had this vision of being really cute and pregnant like Kourtney Kardashian, and I'm realizing that I'm just going to be fat and people won't really know if I'm pregnant or not. 
Yeah, it's bad here.
It can't last much longer, right?  
Anyway, enough about that.  

Summer is almost over which means school is right around the corner and I've got two very excited kiddos. 
We're thrilled that Porter got into the Kindergarten of our choice.  This week he's going to soccer camp and loving it.
This child has more sass than we can handle!  She starts preschool in two weeks.  It's time to get out the sewing machine and start on some school bags.  
Here's a peek from the baby shower we threw for my sister and baby Libby last weekend.  I'm trying to get a post together on that.  


It may be a few days before I post again but I wanted to check in and say hello...Plus I know people were getting sick of the dog poo picture!


11 witty remarks:

Samantha said...

awww hope you're feeling better soon!!

Macey said...

what. i thought the dog poo was hilarious. :)

A very blessed lady! said...

Hope you feel better soon. I was sick as dog with both of my pregnancies and I highly (even though its kinda gross) recommend asking your doctor for suppositories...They are awesome. They are like precious gold to a sick pregant lady! Hope this helps. I like you, tried it all, so good luck....GET SOME SUPPOSITORIES (phenergen)THEY WORK!

Cassie Bustamante said...

my daughter has that same dress! and really, what rock have i been living under? i didn't know you were pregnant! congrats and feel better soon!

adrienne said...

Awww, you poor thing. I truly can relate to the misery of sick pregnancy. You will get through this girl! Praying for you.

TLF said...

Those water bottles are adorable!!
Cinnamon is what worked best for my all day sickness during pregnancy.
Feel better!

Missy... said...

Oooohhhh, I'm sooo sorry! I can totally relate and know there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better. Hang in there and just keep telling yourself that it IS going to pass and you WILL feel better again soon.

Denissa said...

Sorry you're still feeling awful! Should only be a only a few more weeks, right??

sharon said...

hi,
I tried every single thing like you did to battle my all day sickness. I even got acupuncture, which was relaxing, but I'm not sure how helpful. For my second baby, I said "enough is enough." Well, actually I had a new doctor and he saw that I was getting dehydrated from being so sick and he put me on Zofran. It was a life saver. The sickness didn't completely disappear, but it made it so I could function and take care of my toddler and maybe even eat a little. Don't know if they still offer that to pregnant ladies. It had originally been anti nausea medicine for chemo patients.
I'll pray for you.
Sharon

Ramona said...

Good Morning Jill ~

Hang in there sister...this too shall pass...I am sending you some virtual soda crackers and best wishes.

I always say...it is SOOO much fun being a woman...that is why we have such cute shoes! Oh and by the way...Congratulations!

Have a restful weekend.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Jami said...

Love the water bottles. You are so creative! Don't love that you are feeling icky. I hope that part passes soon. I remember feeling that way too.