Tuesday, May 11, 2010

dress-up area for Blanche

Doesn't every little princess need an area to model her dresses and jewels? 
We are in full dress-up mode here with our little princess.  I want to keep her in this stage for a long time!

(The mirror is going to be hung, but I bought the wrong hanging clips-dangit.) 
This GW find had been in Porter's room holding his hats and school bags.  When I rearranged things in his room, it didn't have a place to hang anymore. 
The pegs always seemed like an accident waiting to happen.  I stumbled upon these in my favorite craft store. 
First I primed it with cheapy white spray paint from Walmart.
Next I sprayed it down with my favorite pink (ballet slipper).
I put just a dab of glue inside the holes and pushed them on the pegs. 
The craft store only had two bags of balls so I need to make a trip back for more.
Isn't it just perfect for organizing all of a princesses purses?
Her shoes used to be thrown in a basket.  Now they are displayed for her choosing.
The cute little hooks used to be in her closet.  I moved them to this wall to display her tutus.  The mirror used to be in my room and was green.  I slapped some cheapy white spray paint on it too.
Of course I did some more tweaking around the room.
I love this mirror hanging horizontally (it was always the other way). 
Oh, I wish I could just squeeze that dimpled little baby butt!

15 witty remarks:

Unknown said...

Can we say ADORABBBBBBBLE! love it! My little girl would love it too. My fav. part is the stool for standing and primping... and her darling kitchen in the background. Love it. Have a good one, Jenn

Meredith said...

So cute! Makes me want a baby girl!

House of Smiths said...

Everything looks SO cute! My girls would DIE for a space like this!

Shelley

Macey said...

I especially like the reflection of the teeny pink kitchen!
I love the little dimpled baby bottom too.

Tiffany said...

Love this little dress-up area for your daughter! How fun! My daughter would go crazy! We have so many tutus and not a good place to store them! This is so neat. Her room looks precious, love the pink dresser! Such sweet little girly details! I am sure she loves every bit of it!

Jane Anne said...

Such a cute, fun space! What's GW? If it were GS, I'd say it meant Garage Sale. Elisabeth would go crazy over all of those Dora bags.

samantha said...

It turned out very cute

Wishes and Whimsy said...

This is so cute! My daughter would love a place like this as well. She is 4 and plays princess (well, lately it's been queen) all the time. Love the dresser! By the way, to a previous comment, GW is Good Will :)

Playing Sublimely said...

I so totally like you! Nice to meet you!

Kimmy said...

How adorable!! Every little girl does need a spot like this!! :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Super super cute - I hope it stays like that!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So fun! My Ella would go crazy for that room!

XOXO
Jen

Em said...

Great idea! My daughter's room is so disorganized ~ I need to make that peg board! I already have a table just like the one you have her shoes displayed on, now I have an idea on how to "fix it up"! So cute!!

Unknown said...

I love this little nook you've created. Everything is so girly and cute. I say we've got to live it up with girly stuff while we still can! Great job!

Sausha @ {Sweet Pickins} said...

i am loving that mirror - so cute!

Dont you just love all that girly stuff :)