Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lampshade Makeover

I heart burlap,
but you already knew that.



This is how the sorry lampshade started. 
I previously covered it with this corduroy fabric and I've hated it ever since. 
Then I started to cover it with some burlap (love), but got distracted.    
Last Monday my friend came over and wanted me to hem her jeans.
I told her I would but only if she would finish covering my lampshade. 
Nothin' comes for free around here!
So then it was a burlap lampshade and it was lovely,
but it needed a little something. 
Maybe a freezer paper stenciled number? 
Nope.
Or some fabric flowers? 
Yes.
I remembered seeing a tutorial somewhere...
Linda!  Yes!

Much improved right?












12 witty remarks:

Samantha said...

I love it! so cute.

Patricia said...

hi jill... love the lampshade and yes, linda ... i have that one saved for a rainy day!

have a great week!
patricia

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute! I love those little flowers Jill!!!

XOXO
Jen

The Starr Family said...

A Definite Yes!

Jessica said...

I really like it! The flowers made all the difference!

Macey said...

LOVE LOVE the flowers!!!

Amanda said...

Very cute! I'm still trying to work up my courage to do a lampshade! =)

Jessi @ Yankee Belle Home said...

I heart burlap, too! And I love your burlap lampshades! Thanks for sharing.

So Sunny Day said...

Those flowers are too cute!!!!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Playing Sublimely said...

oo la la! I likey :)...so nice to meet you!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I still love this Jill! So adorable. Those flowers are awesome! And of course the burlap!!

Thanks so much for linking up to my party!!!

XOOX
Jen

TLF said...

It looks so, so cute!!