Friday, February 19, 2010

Just call me Jen

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery right?
So I walk into my MOPS group this morning wearing my "Tots & J-lo" inspired cardi and my friend (Samantha) says,
"Well I guess we should just call you Jen."
Ha!  She totally blew my cover that I designed it myself!
You totally know which Jen I'm talking about right (of Tatertots & Jello)? 
Awhile back she posted a tutorial on making this striped shirt into a cardi.  I had the exact same shirt.  (We would so be friends in real life.)  It was #49 on my list of things to do but something else distracted me, as usual, and I forgot about it.  Then last night I was thinking that I wanted to wear something cute to MOPS in the morning and as I was looking through my closet (in the dark because my kids were asleep in my bed) I saw the shirt and remembered my plan to copy her. 

 All I did was cut down the center, fold each side under 1", and stitch.  She used hem tape which made the whole thing look a lot more professional, but I didn't have any on hand and it was 11:00 PM. 

Besides, I knew that my cute fabric flower would take the attention away from my lack of sewing expertise. 
Love ya, Jen!


14 witty remarks:

Macey said...

Great job...I steal stuff from her all the time. In fact I have 2 sweaters to re-do. Also at number 49.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh my gosh - you are totally cracking me up!!!! Love your cardi - and it's cuter than mine! So funny!!!

XOXO
Jen

samantha said...

I have to say how CUTE you looked today. Thanks for the great flower!! You made my day. Looking forward to what is number 50 on the list.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

I love your Mom necklace . . so cute!

Threebusybs said...

I ❤ Jen! I have tried to make a couple of things that she has done, none of them clothing. She is AWESOME and so are you doll.

You rocked the cardi!

Jen said...

I love it! I have that same top and it's sitting at the sewing machine awaiting 30 minutes (ok, an hour) of my time :) Great job!

Crafty Sisters said...

Tots and J-Lo, that's a funny one!

I love to copy her stuff too!

TLF said...

Looks fabu!!

Kathleen M. Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ramona said...

Super, duper cute~o~la! You've inspired me...thank you.

Smiles ~ Ramona

Anonymous said...

How do you do it? You are so creative!! Heidi

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

Very cute! I looked at tatertots & jello and I think both you and MiMi have me hooked. Both of your cardigans are adorable.

LuckyStarErin said...

adorable! I love the flower pin, too.