Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ornament Gifts and Our Tree

Today I'm linking up with Jen and showing my simple, jolly and burlappy ornament gifts.
They are so cute, I kept some for my tree too.
I combined several ideas I accumulated from blogland and came up with these.


(do you see the one for MiMi on the end?)

Supplies I used:
clear glass bulbs (from JoAnn's) I spray painted the metal part black.
jute string
fake snow flakes
fabric scraps and burlap
mini bells
assorted washers
metal stamp set (I won't even get into how I got mine for free on ebay.)

Porter was in charge of choosing the tree this year, but he was taking too long so I sort of chose this one for him and then pretended it was his idea.

My mother-in-law made these snowmen a few years ago.

On a whim, I tied some cookie cutters with jute and they are my new favorite ornaments.

These are the silhouettes I made last year.

The birds nests made their second appearance.
They go perfectly with my Goodwill cardinal on top.




5 witty remarks:

Macey said...

Hey!! That's super cute!!! Gimme Gimme Gimme! :)
Oh wait, it's MINE! I love the teeny little silhouettes. I'm gonna have to try that. :)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

The cookie cutter ornaments are very cute.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What great ornaments Jill! They are all so cute. What a cute silhouette one - I wanted to make some of my kids but haven't gotten around to it. So cute!

Thanks for linking up!

XOX
Jen

Em said...

Finally got a chance to catch up on your blog :) Have a Merry Christmas! CUTE ornaments, I might have to copy for some last minute gifts!

Natalie Meester said...

love the birdnest with the tiny heart above it. So sweet!

Natalie