Thursday, November 5, 2009

Flashback Friday...80's style!

You guys!
The "Totally 80's Party" to end all 80's parties is tomorrow night!
I don't officially turn 30 29 until Wednesday but we are celebrating early.
Yes I was technically born in the 70's but I was a child of the 80's.
Here are some 80's flashback photos for your viewing pleasure.

All the cool kids had Dukes of Hazzard nightgowns.
Here's a story, when I was five I went to get my kindergarten shots. The doctor was actually the brother of the actor that played Luke Duke. I remember asking the doctor,
"How's Luke been doin'?"

"What a feeling, being's believing!"


This is my most special birthday cake from my childhood. It was my absolute favorite because my mom made it for me-and I really loved My Little Ponies. This is why I made all of my kids' cakes myself...until I met DeAnn.


4 witty remarks:

Macey said...

No way, girl, you won't believe this...I went bowling with Luke Duke. Oh yes I did!! : )
And you know what? His brother is STILL my brother's doctor...and my grandparent's until they passed.
Anyway, also? My sister was gonna marry the blonde and I was gonna marry Luke. Didn't turn out that way...oh the memories. Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Jill, I just noticed that wall decor on the first picture, the big glob of tree twigs, wood boards, etc. What was I thinking? I'm thinking maybe grandma made it. I had totally forgotten that until I seen this picture. So glad you didn't inherit my style of decorating. LOL
love, mom

Anonymous said...

That was probaly the style back then!! You both are great decorators!!! Heidi

He & Me + 3 said...

Cute pictures. I was a total Duke's of Hazzard fan. popped over from Jane Anne's to say hi.
Mimi
Hope your birthday is a great one.