Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Working Wednesday and my new mission


So I usually keep pretty close tabs on my makeup supply, but somehow a few weeks ago I ran out of mascara. I usually buy from the Clinique counter or order MK on ebay, but I needed it ASAP so I ran through the files in my brain of ads I had seen in US Weekly and remembered this one with Rihanna.

On a side note, I had always thought her name was Rhi-Anna, but today I discovered it is actually Ri-Hanna. Interesting.

Anyway, needing the mascara right away, I ran (drove) to Wally and purchased Covergirl Eyelights. I found the one that is made especially for brown eyes. After using this for several weeks, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing special about this mascara at. all. It doesn't make your eyelashes sparkly or illuminated or anything of the sort. It just makes them black.

It's just regular mascara.

I don't get why they want you to think it lights your eyes up or something (I mean, with all the fancy advertising, I was actually thinking my eyes were going to have a twinkle in them.) I'm beginning to wonder if the one made for blue eyes is exactly the same but just in a different package. After having to go through this total letdown from the drugstore cosmetics industry, I have decided to start a mission. I am going to try out different types mascaras that have been hyped up by the media. I will test them and report back to you. I will do this because I love you.

PS: last night at midnight I was watching a rerun of Tori & Dean while eating a bowl of vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce, peanuts, and rainbow sprinkles (yeah, I know.) and I decided that I really would be a much happier person if I had Tori's arms. I'm totally into skinny arms right now. I mean you can put Spanx on other problem areas, but there is just no way to shapify your arms without actually having to do pushups or curls or something.

On another side note, I would never, never want her scary boobies.



16 witty remarks:

The Guy and The Girl said...

I think Tori is skeletal. You look way better than her.

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

I can tell you first hand...
COVER GIRL LASH BLAST VOLUME BLASTING MASCARA... {orange tube}, is AMAZING... It does all the things it promises! I used to buy only "fancy" expensive mascaras... Not anymore... I LOVE LASH BLAST!

Macey said...

FabuLash is pretty good.
Her arms are sick, girl! She looks anorexic.

Beth Ann said...

Those are some scary boobies!

Jessica said...

Jill, those arms are GROSS in the picture. Please please please don't go there. You look beautiful.

The Dukes' Family said...

You had me laughing out loud at the Tori picture! Only you would post something like that! You are right...scary boobies! Her arms are way too skinny btw! I enjoy checking out your blog! I loved the Jamboree post too!

Missy said...

I look forward to your mascara review. I swear by Maybelline in the pink & green tube.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I use the pink and green, too. But, I can't wait to read your reviews!

The Fair Family Times said...

I didn't even notice her arms after seeing those boobies. Yow!

Melinda said...

OMG Jill-those boobs are scary & I agree with everyone else...she has toothpics for arms. Not flattering.

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

Oh. GOD. She looks GROSS.

Mama-Face said...

Haha. I didn't notice her arms either until you mentioned them. Are those stretch marks? Ick.

You would think all mascaras are the created equal, yet they are not. It will be helpful to read your reviews!

So funny. Spanx for the arms. :)

Samantha said...

FOR heavens sakes! What is up with her BOOBS??!

I haven't seen you in real life but I can PROMISE you that your arms (and your boobs too) look WAY better than hers. I mean no disrespect, but her's are SICK.

I like meat.

HEY! Maybe you should invent some sort of spandex-y thing for arms? That would be weird.

David and Amy Sheldon said...

Her boobs are like a car accident, I can't stop looking!!! When I come and visit you I will show you some good arm workouts!!
You could try using heavier spoons so that when you are shoveling in the ice cream there is more resistance!! I just had my own bowl, minus the carmel and sprinkles! Yummmmmmm

ThatsBaloney said...

Thanks for that picture - lol. Someone was just talking about her scary boobies this past week and I was clueless. Now I know.

Anonymous said...

I really like the new Clinique curling mascara. A little scary at first but when you get the hang of it- no eye lash curler!