Sunday, August 2, 2009

On Assignment


Hi, It's Melinda & Jill here
coming to you live
with a special edition of
What Not To Wear
at the Oregon Jamboree

Brace yourselves...

Yes, it is still a few weeks until Labor day, but it's really never a good idea to pair a white shirt with white shorts, especially with no supportive undergarments.

Mismatched Camo=No No

Even if it seems like it's too hot for a shirt,
just wear one.

Bunny ears only need to be worn on
Halloween & at Hef's house.

Knee brace + cowboy boots=fashion DON'T
(and we saw several of these combos)
I suppose line dancing is pretty hard on the knees.

We saved the best for last.



and Melinda!

28 witty remarks:

Jane Anne said...

I was up really late last night and I was just crying looking at these pictures. Oh my gosh, you are hilarious. Can't believe you took pictures!

Macey said...

Just another reason I'm scared to go to that Jamboree.
The upside (or downside?) is that you can see that stuff in Sweet Home on a regular day. SCARY.
I can't believe you had the guts to take pictures, I'd be afraid they'd come get me!
:)

The Guy and The Girl said...

Oh man! If I knew that was your mission I would have participated. I saw plenty of "what nots"!

Jessica said...

Jill, I can't believe you put that picture of my mom up there. How could you?

mom2maya said...

Sad thing . . . I think I recognize a few of those people ; )

Angie said...

Wow!!! Hopefully they were not all from Sweet Home!!!! This is hilarious. I feel better dressed every time I look at the pictures you took. Love ya, Angie

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

People crack me up with the stuff they leave the houe wearing...thanks for the LOL

Amber said...

Oh my, my girls and I couldn't stop talking about the "no you shouldn'ts" all weekend! We felt totally out of style not wearing a bikini top and skirt, we even saw a few of these with some skoal cans added in the back pockets! YUCK!! Fun time people watching this weekend at the Jambo!!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

OMG - that is hilarious! Don't you just wonder how people come up with those outfits? And how they cannot know that they look awful?? So funny!

XOOX
Jen

cherry said...

Thanks you just made me spray sugarless rock star on my moniter...rofl!!!!!!!!!! Well....this IS Oregon....what NOOOO hippies...well it is the jamboree....hicksville. Believe me I am surrounded by these people everyday at the super market..cherry

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Why do these people go out and how do they afford the Jamboree.. Cute hair by the way!!!!Heidi

Shirley Casey said...

Okay...So... I have been following your blog since your "blogiversary" and love it! the latest post CRACKED me up! Thanks Jane Anne for suggesting I take a look at it! Thanks Jill for your creativity. :O)

The Vinyards said...

I took a great picture of a mullet while I was there....definitely don't wear a mullet to the Jamboree!

Anonymous said...

Am I the only person who thinks this post was mean? You know, the folks on What No To Wear are not coming from a Christian perspective. And the people who are humiliated on camera agree to it so they can receive the makeover. It struck me as slightly ironic that this post followed one of your son knowing who he worshipped. You are just getting a laugh at someone else's expense. It's only my opinion, but that's not very nice.

Jill@Barnes Yard said...

Yes, I am a Christian, but I also have a sense of humor. Having an opinion of someone's fashion sense, or lack thereof, has nothing to do with my faith.

adrienne said...

Jill, I love your blog now more than ever after this post! P.S. Can't you block anonymous posters?!

Anonymous said...

I know you are a Christian. I don't doubt that. I have enjoyed reading your blog. Christians aren't immune from doing or saying something unkind. I know that I have. I just thought that making fun of people wasn't nice. Is it okay, just because they don't know, so technically their feelings aren't being hurt? What would you think if your child did that at school? Or if your child was the one being laughed at? I don't mean to attack you. I was just surprised when I read it and then surprised again when I saw all the comments about how hilarious it was. It may be just me. And that's okay. I am sorry if I sounded too harsh in my first comment.

Unknown said...

OH ya! and there was worse! hahaha! You should have seen the pink pants lady last year. And in the morning before she changed into her pink pants! hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Harmless Jill! I wouldn't worry about what that person is saying... Sounds like she is just jealous of an actual sense of humor, or she dresses that way too... Hahahaha Gees get over yourself. It isn't a big deal those people went out like that knowing what they looked like.

Anonymous said...

Who made that anonymous judgmental person queen of the internet to go around passing judgment on people who are having a harmless giggle! I hope my kids have a sense of humor! I encourage it! Being a frumpy christian doesn't sound like much fun at all to me! God bless her! :)

Melinda said...

I think that if you don't want to made fun of-you shouldn't go out wearing an outfit like that. This Christian should also know that it isn't her decision to decide who is acting Christian & who is not."Judge not, lest ye be judged"

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW!
hahaha

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard at your post! keep on blogging!!
Lori

Anonymous said...

That anonymous lady is crazy.
I say if she doesn't like what you post on YOUR blog she doesn't have to read it. When i saw this post I couldn't help but laugh obviously the what not to wear cast needs to pay a little visit to the Oregon Jamboree next year.

Kaylee

Chandler said...

Ok so I definitely just got my entertainment for the night! haha! love you and can't wait to see you next week...this has to be one of the most hilarious witty remarks chain yet...

katie said...

So funny story... my boss was working in the beer garden at the Jamboree and she was trying to explain the lady in the pink pants to everyone in the office. I was pretty sure I had seen a picture of what she was talking about, but it took me a second to figure out where. Once I finally realized it was on your blog, I logged in and low and behold it was the same lady. I had a line up at my desk because everyone wanted to see. My boss also said she was going around flapping the top of her shirt up all day.

Unknown said...

Wow! those are so funny!Looks like Mrs anonymous is the odd one out! :)

The Downs family said...

jill, those are amazing!!!!