Thursday, July 2, 2009

Recent Discoveries

1. When placing an item for sale on Craigslist, it is best to state that the first person that comes to pick up the item with cash in hand gets it. From now on, this knowledge will greatly reduce annoyances in my life.

2. Baby powder causes cancer. It does. I have gone my entire adult life without knowing this. I have never read this in any child-rearing books or magazines, nor have I seen any news broadcasts informing about this, my children's pediatrician has never even mentioned it. But it causes cancer. I have also powdered Brooklyn's hoo-ha since the day she was born.

3. When it comes to summer attire-just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I mean, even though it is 98 degrees outside, I'm not wearing a tank top because I don't want to subject the public to viewing my disgusting upper arms. The least they could do for me would be to cover their obscene body parts.

4. I love my kids even more when they are fresh from the bath. I'm going to be sad when they are too old to have baths together.

6 witty remarks:

Macey said...

I'm guessing by number 3. that you went to Walmart today? Seriously. I was in there and I saw some stuff that will permanently be etched in my brain. Ew.
Macey

Micah and Melinda said...

I agree with #3 I cover my rolls and dimples why can't all the Wide loads cover theirs!!! Oh and whats up w/ cancer and powder... should I worry you've lost it?

The Fair Family Times said...

Ok, so I was totally wearing this tank top today...when I saw you?!!! Ahhhhh!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

You can still use the cornstartch powder just avoid the talcum stuff!! Great blog : ) I'm with you on pedicures and trashy magazines as mama's escape!! : )

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I was thinking about selling on Craigslist...we have a ton of baby items now..thanks for the tip! And the other tips! :-)

I came here from Vintage Chic Home...plus we have the same name! Happy 4th!

MissMisDesigns said...

I LOVE #3.. Seriously some people should NOT be allowed out in public. And Oregonians as a rule should not be able to wear shorts in the spring unless they have been tanning either by way of can or booth!