Wednesday, July 22, 2009

2 Projects Down & What's For Dinner 2-Night

This was previously a crappy picture frame that was purchased at a garage sale for a mere 75 cents.

I sprayed the B with chalkboard paint and glued it to this garage sale mirror.
Nate still needs to hang it in Blanche's room.
Then her necklaces can hang from the hooks.

It's one of those nights where I really need to go to the grocery store but I'd rather scrounge around and use what I have.
We'll start with elk breakfast sausage (I told you I was scrounging). Would you laugh if I told you the truth was that the breakfast sausage was the only meat in the freezer and I didn't want to move all of my craft projects off of the freezer in the garage to get any other type???
It's not laziness-it's just that I would rather use my energy elsewhere... like on spray painting.

Please ignore the grody pan.

A squirt of worcestershire and ketchup
Throw in some chopped onion just because I have it.
And a sprinkle of pepper

Top with Italian bread crumbs.
Now shredded cheese would be perfect on top.
Do I have any?
I only have a block and it would be far too much trouble to actually shred it myself.


Plan B:
Oh, but I do have bacon.
Throw it in the oven at 400 degrees for a while or so.

Pop 'em out and you have mini meatloafs (loaves?)
Can you see how good they smell?

Tots are always the perfect side dish and
we always have tots on hand.
Oh, I have a can of corn too.
I think the kiddos will like it.



8 witty remarks:

Priscilla - The Wheelchair Mommy said...

looks kind of good.... how did it taste!?!

Macey said...

Creative! And a way to use stuff you might not have if you went to the store. :)
macey

Anonymous said...

Well... way to use what you have on hand! I tend to do this all the time because grocery shopping is one of my worst chores.

Jessica said...

Love the crafts and the meal!!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Yeah girl! That's the way to make a meal out of nothing. Tots always help. I would be happy with that for dinner!
Carrie

Stacia Howard said...

I just picked up a frame just like that (brassy-gold color) at a garage sale for $0.10, I plan on spray painting it as well. Not sure just what Im going to use it for yet, I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head. But I do like what you did too...

I LOVE that shelf, way cute!!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Everyone would love those mini meatloafs!!!

Unknown said...

We call them meatloaf muffins out our house! haha! Brionna makes me make them all the time! The kids love them and so do I!