Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A revamped dresser for a girly girl room

Remember these garage sale goodies?
See that little wooden dresser hidden in the back?
Remember it was only $2?
It was also full of mouse poop and spider webs.
Oh and it was ugly,
but my mom wouldn't let me pass it up.
Good thing.
Look at it now!
First I painted it black.
Then I painted it pink.
Then I really went at it with my mouse sander.
I found these glorious knobs on ebay for like $8.

Then I compiled a vignette of girly things like
fabulous mirrors
(one from Goodwill & one from a garage sale),
jewelry and a pink piggy bank.

and hung her cuuuuuute fabric pennant (finally).
I've had it since March.


I LOVE me a little girl's room!

Will you all be there to comfort me when she's in high school
and wants to paint it black?
and hang ugly posters on the wall?
and have a colored light bulb?
Thanks.
I'll really need it.


19 witty remarks:

Macey said...

That is SO cute! I never find deals like that. And when she's old enough to want it black, you'll probably be able to whip something up that, amazingly, will look awesome!
Macey

Michelle, All Home and Love said...

What an amazing job you did! It really turned out great, you would never know it was the same piece. Great job!
~Michelle

Greg and Heidi said...

So Cute!!! Heidi

Patricia said...

My biggest fear in life is a tiny mouse... so for you to make something so beautiful from a mouse house... you are blessed!
It is so beautiful!
I love the idea of the black under the pink!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi there,
I haven't been by for awhile, but saw your name in "comments" over at 320 Sycamore and decided to swing by. LOVE the new header pix! And that dresser makeover job is breathtaking. Way To Go!!!

jamie said...

Okay, that dresser makes me think I need a little girl! It really is lovely!The knobs are so perfect. Be sure to thank your mom for making you buy it!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Looks AWESOME, I love what you did with her room!

Jessica said...

This looks amazing JILL!

Jane Anne said...

I love it! It's beautiful and it didn't cost a fortune. I need to take lessons from you.

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What an adorable and sweet room! And, $2...for real? What a steal on that dresser. It is perfect painted chippy pink.

~Amanda

Pretty Organizer said...

What a steal! It looks fantastic in it's new home. LOVE it!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Very sweet! Makes me want a little girl so I have an excuse to decorate in pink somewhere. :)

Donna

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That is darling and sooooo girly girl! perfect.

Susie Q said...

She's not allowed to paint it black ;D My sister & I did my oldest daughter's dresser years ago and when mine went through her 'emo' stage (which she now refuses to talk about 3 years later), she wore black, her room was dark and gloomy...and the dresser stood out like a bright light;D

Shanty 2 Chic said...

So cute!! I love the final outcome... what a cute blog you have too:) Way to go!
~Whitney

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Absolutely adorable...what great finds and transformations! Janell

Room to Inspire said...

What a sweet room - absolutely adorable. I love the dresser - I can't believe it was only $2!! I also love the sign, this is what my Mom says to my kids!

Chelsea

Roeshel said...

Perfect. You did an amazing job. I love the dresser and the banner is super cute! What a sweet little girls room! :)

Roeshel

Moore Minutes said...

You turned this into an adorable piece of furniture! That banner is too cute too!