Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Name Banner Tutorial

In order to avoid having to deal with the big issues of the "revamp", I'm focusing on the minute details like making a name banner for Porter's new "retro-sport non-theme" room. I had my camera handy so I'll give you a little step by step.

I saw these little wood shapes at Michael's and instantly thought "pennant". They were only .99 I think. (Steal!)

1. Glue scrapbook paper to the shape, let dry, then sand the edges.

2. Glop on lots of Mod Podge. I did two coats.

3. Paint the letters black. (in the freezing cold, outside, in the dark)


I have been thinking how in the future my new children will have only 3 letters maximum in their first names. This will come in handy to save money on buying fewer letters and such, and also fit on preschool bags much easier. What was I thinking with Brooklyn? That is never going to fit across her school bag. Anyway...


4. Glue black letters to the pennants.


5. Thread in some ribbon.

6. Hang it up.

7. Go to JoAnn's and buy more ribbon to add.

8. Or just take the ribbon off.

11 witty remarks:

Anonymous said...

That is a GREAT idea!! I'm thinking Black with orange letters for Tyler's room!!

Oh, and go diagonal for Brooklyn's name.
Lori

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

WAY WAY WAY cute... LUV it!

Unknown said...

eeewwww! This is C-U-T-E!

Great idea to use the wood letters. I'm so going to have to copy you! :)
~Liz

Sarah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love the name banner. I also love Modge Podge. It's my friend.

Sole said...

I can't wait to make one for my little man's room! I LOVE it!

Amber D. said...

Saw you on tip junkie. very cute. this would go perfect in our son's room!

Jennifer said...

Too.stinkin.cute.

You did a fantastic job on them!=)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

WOW-this is fantastic! I would love to photo link to this if you didn't mind, I just love it!

Sara said...

Soooo CUTE! I love it! Hmm...my son must have one. I'm off to Michael's!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

This is awesome, thanks for sharing. I believe I will make one for both of my boys and hang them on their doors.

Cece