Friday, November 14, 2008

My First Ever Semi-Mini-Tutorial

The pictures are in backwards order but remember this is my fist time. Also please note that I got the fantastic idea from Just A Girl's Party and I think House Of Whimsy submitted it but I will definitely find out for sure. I just tweaked her idea a bit and of course used my own lovely children's heads.

Add the year to the back with more Mod Podge

Add a cute ribbon...notice the B still drying?

I found these jelly-ish letters and painted them black.

Glob on the Mod Podge and make sure to have lots of Diet Pepsi handy.

Cut out your cute kids' heads. (I feel like this is the hardest part.)

Glue on cute scrapbook paper.

Find something at craft store that vaguely resembles a Christmas ornament.
These came in a pack of 5 for 4.99-can't beat that. (Oh and I had a 40% off coupon.)

I love these so much that I told my husband I wanted to make them for everyone and he said nobody would want our kids' heads, but I really meant their kids' heads-duh.
PS the idea was actually from her but you gotta love House of Whimsy too, check her out.

2 witty remarks:

Chris said...

Okay. You're, like, 50 steps ahead of me. I haven't copied a single one--yet! I love those. You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

I love these ornaments! Thank you for being so crafty and posting these ideas (whether they are originally yours or not)! I'm still trying to figure out how you have time for all this stuff though!?!?