Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ooh La La She's 2!

For those of you who know me, you know I love doing up a kid's birthday party. The two highlights of each year come in May and October. The theme for Brook's party this year came from the Tre Chic Gymboree line and it was too cute. DeAnn (my BFF) made the cake and can I say it was so nice not to have to worry about a cake this morning? She did not disappoint with the poppyseed and cherry chip pink poodle work of art. All I did was show her a picture. Yes I love her. We had a little luncheon and served mini quiche, mini chicken salad sammies, veggie pizza, crescent rolls filled with bacon, cream cheese, and red pep, baby shrimp, meatballs, and lots of fruit, cheese, and olives. Mmm, I'm going to dig into those leftovers. Brookie and her little cousins had a great time. I sent the kiddos home with a goodie bag of good and plenty candies and a poodle necklace. When Brooklyn crashed I got to play with all of her toys. I call it a great day.







Her very first pearls




Who's cute? Oh yeah me.


She knows cute shoes when she sees them.




Trying to do our yearly pic...




I just don't even know what to say about this.


She likes cake too.


The "cheese" smile...loving the cake


Oh DeAnn you amaze me!


My Birthday Girl

12 witty remarks:

Jessica said...

It's so adorable Jill! I love everything about it!! Looks like you all had a fab time!

The Downs family said...

that cake is AMAZING!!!! What a bash!

Jane Anne said...

Jill- what an wonderful party!! I love the decorations. I think Brooklyn's shirt is so perfect. The cake is incredible!! I love all of the pictures-- my favorites are the "cheese smile" one and the "oh so cute" one. Looks like your princess had a lot of fun!

(By the way, I think my mom is going to bring my wedding dress out when she comes to celebrate Elsie's birthday. I am so excited to get pictures of her in the dress!)

Chandler said...

wow! you sure know how to throw a b-day party. Will you have one for me? :-) Happy b-day BB!!!

Tonya Staab said...

What a fabulous party theme. So perfect for a 2 year old. The cake is gorgeous.

Heather said...

She is absolutely precious!! And that cake...SOOOOO cute.

Natalia said...

Tres chic! What a darling little party.

Jorgelina said...

Hi!!!
What a fabulous party theme.
She is absolutely precious!!

SarahJarnagin said...

I totally love the theme you chose! So cute!!! The cake is adorable as is your little Brooklyn.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

So cute! This is a perfect theme for a girl this age! My daughter is turning two this year and I am thinking something to do with dogs because she loves them! I was going to do dalmations and go black and white (with some purple for girliness), but your poodles are awfully cute! I love the trim on the cake! And her face in that picture! You can see she is SO happy!

Thanks for coming to my party!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Totally cute party! Your daughter is a cutie-patootie!

Martha said...

so cute.. i love the cake! :)