Friday, July 18, 2008

Family Bed

So last night I'm lying in bed and the song that comes to my mind is..."there were four in the bed and the little one said roll over, roll over, (he actually said "COOT OVER!") so they all rolled over and one (mommy) fell out..."

Pros for the family bed
1. instant cuddling
2. looking at their beautiful faces while they are sleeping
3. I like to believe it makes them feel secure
4. I feel secure knowing nobody is kidnapping them out of their rooms

Cons:
1. I haven't slept all night in three years
2. not much romancing goes on in the bed (but we do have the hallway...)
3. I get head butted at least 4 times per night (and always right in the nose!)
4. one child is usually sleeping on top of me
5. oh and did I mention I haven't slept all night in three years???

I know they aren't going to be little forever and someday they won't want me cuddling them and smelling their hair & staring at them while they sleep, so I'll put up with the cons for now.

0 witty remarks: