Tuesday, May 18, 2010

one handed birthday

One week from tomorrow this kid is turning 5.
For real.
Everything is coming at me so fast. 
Next Wednesday he turns 5, graduates from preschool, and goes to Kindergarten orientation.
All in one day! 
If you don't hear from me on Thursday, I may have had an emotional breakdown. 
Today was his birthday snack day at preschool. 
For snacks I made "turtles" out of Ritz crackers, pretzels and blueberries.  The pieces were held in place with squeeze cheese. 
The treats were donut holes covered with candy melts and sprinkles.
He wasn't so sure about wearing the shirt because it wasn't his real birthday.
I totally blew it and didn't order enough Ninja Turtle plates and napkins for his birthday party and snack day so I hit up the Dollar Tree yesterday for these.

The most exciting part for Porter was drinking Sprite through licorice straws.  (Normally the kids only drink milk or water for snack, but on birthdays anything goes!) 
I can't believe they're all going to Kindergarten soon!
He's been with these same kids for two years, so they've really grown close. 
Happy pretend birthday, Porter!


8 witty remarks:

Ashleigh said...

You changed your header, its cute! :) I remember when my son turned five! Such a big birthday with kindergarten on the way! Congrats and those treats are so cute! :)

Macey said...

I know what you're sayin', the 5th birthday, pre-k grad and then kindergarten orientation all about killed me. :( BUT, it's cute anyway. :)

samantha said...

I can't believe all 5 of the Miller kids are going to be 5 this year. =( It's going by way to fast. Hope your day was extra special Porter!!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

yum- those covered donut holes look so good! thanks for sharing that idea- and your turtles were adorable! my son just visited a kindergarten class today with his preschool, and he loved it. i can't believe that in just 3 months i will be sending him off on the bus to school. sigh.

ErinC. said...

Aww Happy Birthday Porter! I thought of you this weekend as I was spray painting my patio furniture!
:)Erin

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Looks like real fun. Happy happy birthday to Porter {love his name!}

xx

Anonymous said...

It was a wonderful snack day!! Quite yummy as well!
Lori

Jessica said...

So, Porter is going to be with Sasha next year? For some reason I thought he was going to SR. Anyways, cute cute!